Tenneiji Temple

Tenneiji Temple
Tenneiji Temple
Tenneiji Temple
 Bingo
Bingo
South East of Hiroshima

This temple was built by Yoshiakira Ashikaga, the second shogun in the Muromachi Period, in 1367 (Joji 6) and founded by Fumyo Kokushi. It has a pagoda called Kaiun Pagoda, an important cultural property, and a group of 500 arhats line the Rakan Hall on the left side of the main hall. Weeping cherry blossoms in the beginning of April and peonies at the end of April are things you should not miss.

INFORMATION

Address :
17-29 Higashi-tsuchido-cho Onomichi City , Zip code 722-0033
Phone :
+81-(0)848-22-2078 
Access :
[By car] Approx.25 min. from Onomichi IC of JR Sanyo Line [By public transportation] Approx.5 min. by bus bound for Higashi from Onomichi Station of JR Sanyo Line and get off at "Nagaeguchi" bus stop then Approx.3 min. on foot
Parking :
Not Available
Fee :
Free

MAP

Route

CLOSE
  • Hiroshima Station
  • Hiroshima Airport
  • Things to do
  • Dining
  • Accommodations

VISITORS ALSO VIEWED these HIROSHIMA's contents

SHARE ON
Photo Courtesy of Hiroshima Prefecture
Copyright ©2016 Hiroshima Prefecture. This site is managed by the Tourism Promotion Office of the Hiroshima Prefectural Government.