In 1937, Kobayakawa Haruhira constructed this temple, inviting a Buddhism master Guchu Shukyu who received special Buddhism training in China. He opened this mountain against five big temple mountains in Kyoto. It is the only great headquarter within West Japan. It has been known as one of the best Zen schools, and many people, from corporations and schools, are lately using this temple as a training institute. A group of temples stand in a row in the property, surrounded by a cedar grove. In fall season, the site becomes crowded with lots of visitors visiting to admire the beautiful scenery.