The former Hiroshima branch of the Bank of Japan is in the center of the city. The building was constructed in August 1936 and still stands today - showing the scars of the atomic bomb. The building stands at a distance of 380m from ground zero. The strong structure enabled the bank to remain virtually intact. When the Hiroshima branch moved to the Motomachi district in March 1992, the building was selected as an important cultural property.
5-16 Fukuro-machi, Naka-ku, Hiroshima City, 730-0036
Opening Hour :
10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (Closed from Dec. 29 to Jan. 3)
[By public transportation]
City train No.1 bound for Hiroshima-ko(Ujina) from JR Hiroshima Station via Kamiya-cho and get off at "Fukuro-machi" station